Search This Blog

Friday, March 11, 2011

No words.

It's gorgeous outside today.  It's also almost 80 degrees.  I cannot wait to get home and sit on my patio with a glass of wine.  A grilled burger sounds good also, but I'll have to wait until tomorrow for that.  BARG.

It's only been three days since Lent started, so I can't complain.  Two of those have been without meat though...so maybe I can complain a little??  I'm still having a tough time deciding what to give up. I have a couple of things I'm going to work on, like complaining (whoops) and eating more whole foods, but I just can't seem to nail down something to give up. 

The new Archbishop sat at the table I was at to eat lunch today at work.  As everyone was talking about having been on the Atkins diet at one time or another I spoke up and said as an Italian I just couldn't give up pasta.  It goes against my very being.  I looked at the new Archbishop and he kind of looked at me curious.  I immediately made the connection that giving up pasta for Lent, and not the Atkins diet might be exactly what I have been looking for.  I spoke up and stated that giving up pasta for Lent would indeed be one of the biggest sacrifices I had ever made during Lent (I'm sure that impressed him). 

So MAYBE that's what I'll do.  No pasta.  For forty days.  Oh no, if I say it on here I will have to do it.  What will I eat on Friday's when I can't eat meat, so I usually eat pasta?  Do Asian noodles count as pasta?  I don't think they should...



Hopefully I can think of something else that would be equally as impressive to give up.  Help me Rhonda.

Xo-Wife of Wright

No comments:

Post a Comment