Search This Blog

Friday, March 18, 2011

Erin no bra...

Is that not the correct Irish saying?  Considering the amount of women out last night that were dressed inappropriately I think it should be changed to that.  I had no idea that St. Patrick's Day was the new Halloween for girls to dress questionably on.  It is.  Trust me.  My dear friend Meghan even pulled a "questionably" dressed girl aside and told her that she was too pretty to be dressed like that and that her mother would be ashamed.  I believe the girl told Meghan that she "was just jealous" to which Meghan laughed in her face.  Poor sweet child, how wrong you are.  I also love the fact that at 31 my friends sometimes feel the need to tell younger women what they're doing wrong.  Can't save them all! 

We had a good time last night at McNellie's but I have to say it.  I am officially "too old" for that type of crowd.  I bet 1,000 people were there.  It was outside with tents, long lines for beer, no ventilation, 30 minute waits to use a port-a-potty in the dark (eww), lingering smell of b.o. a plenty, and questionably dressed women with drooling drunk men chasing them.  You know, the type of thing we all would have loved ten years ago.  Next year I will be getting there at 2:00 in the afternoon to ensure a spot inside at a real table, with a real waitress, and a real restroom.  I'll make sure we get a window seat so we can watch the poor saps outside.  People watching is great from a safe distance! 

We were there from about 6:30-9:00.  At that point us old folks were ready for bed.  Not like the good ole days, but still fun.  Here are some pics from the night.

First the crowd, a portion of it anyways...



I forgot to mention it up top, but it was also and un-official McGuinness reunion there.  I bet I saw 50 people I knew from high school.  Here's one lovely lad, John Erick, who stopped by our table with Ashley.


Also great to see Ms. Mary Green pictured here with Tyler and Joe.



The boys, Blake and James.



The girls, Meghan and Katy.



And of course a solo shot of Ashley.  Miss you bunches, wish you were home always...



So that's it for our St. Patrick's Day.  We plan on celebrating St. Joseph's Day tomorrow.  Italians celebrate St. Joseph's Day like the Irish celebrate St. Patrick's Day.  I will be making my Nonna's Pignolata's.  They are usually handed out to children on St. Joseph's Day.  They're fried sweet dough that has a honey glaze.  I'll share pics on Monday.  Yum.  Also going with the tradition I'll be wearing red tomorrow in honor of St. Joseph.  Join me if you think about it!

Ciao!

Xo-Wife of Wright




No comments:

Post a Comment